Saturday, February 4, 2012

Time for my FAVORITE!

So it's been a yucky few days. Rain, rain.....more rain. I'm not a soup person, but it's that kind of weather. What's the closest thing to soup that I enjoy? Chicken & Dumplin's! I call it soupy because it has broth! Okay, it's not like Mammaw's & it ain't Cracker Barrel's! But they turned out great! I used frozen dumplings, which is kind of cheating. I was a bit intimidated to try scratch dumplings, but next time, I will be doing it. We also cooked valentine cupcakes. But it was all out of the box & can. Thanks you Pillsbury! The only credit I can take for it, was not burning them! I didn't get to buy any new kitchen utensils this week. That kind of bummed me out because shopping for new stuff makes this a bit more fun! This C & D recipe was super easy. It came from the North Shelby Baptist Church cookbook. No pinterest this week!

ALMOST HOMEADE CHICKEN 'N DUMPLINGS:
2-large chicken breasts, cooked & deboned
1-can cream of chicken soup
1-can chicken broth
1/2-stick margarine
1-pkg. flour tortillas(I used frozen dumplings)
Salt & pepper to taste

Combine soup, broth, and at least one can of water. Bring to a slow boil. Add chicken and margarine. Drop tortillas(or dumplings) into hot mixture. Salt & pepper to taste. Slow boil for 15-20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment