Friday, January 20, 2012

Lewis Likey!

After two weeks of just mediocre responses to my dishes, today's recipe was my first big hit! Woohoo!!! This weeks recipe was one from Pinterest. The Mexican Dorito Casserole. The only thing that threw me for a loop was the shredded chicken. How do you cook shredded chicken? Yeah, well, apparently you cook it, then shred it. I needed a covered casserole dish, which I did not own. So I went with Racheal Ray this time. The dish was super cute so that made it more fun. I was disappointed in the fact that her dish did not come with recipes. The Paula Deen dish came with 4 recipes. Come on, Racheal Ray! Let's step it up! Alright, with the cake & macaroni, Lewis really just tasted it. This dish is almost gone! Once you get the chicken shredded, it was supa easy. So here it is! If I can cook this & get an A+, I have complete faith that ANYBODY can do this. Here ya go:

1-preheat oven to 350 degrees
2-mix 2 cups shredded chicken, 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 cup sour cream, 1 can Ro-Tel, 1 can cream of chicken soup, 2 cups shredded cheese, 1/2 packet of taco seasoning
3-grease a 2qt casserole dish
4-start with layer of crushed Doritos, then layer with chicken mixture, another layer of Doritos, and the rest of the chicken mixture.
5-sprinkle with shredded cheese
6-bake for 35 minutes


Lewis hates Ro-Tel! He don't know he's eating it!!! Hahahahaha!

3 comments:

  1. Yay for you! Here's a tip and a timesaver... anytime I make something that calls for shredded chicken, I just buy a rotisserie! Lol! Already cooked and ready for shredding! LOVE the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay you! Looks delicious! I will have to try this one. (and I LOVE your casserole dish!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Karen! That would be easy!
    Melanie, I ordered it from amazon. They had a bunch of colors!

    ReplyDelete